to those of you...

>> Sunday, July 12, 2009

... who just adore being pregnant:

I'm really happy for you.

My mom never had a day of morning sickness with me. I have good friend who says that if her belly hadn't been growing, she'd never have known she was pregnant. No nausea, no extreme exhaustion. No overwhelming hormonal fluctuations.

But then I've met dozens of women who had pregnancies like mine - or worse. I know one OB-GYN doctor who was on bedrest with an IV drip for nourishment for the entire length of her pregnancies. I've talked to women who threw up several times a day every day for months on end, lost 10 or 20 or 30 pounds from their normal weight, and couldn't eat any regular food.

Some women can't drink plain water without vomiting (I'm one of those). Then the challenges of hydration cause other complications because they're left with the choices of dairy, high calorie juices, or carbonated sugary sodas - none of which are ideal sources of liquid.

And then there are those who got gorgeous hair, flawless skin and just beamed their way through the entire experience. I'm happy for you...

I'll find my comfort in other places - like the fact that my doctor's mantra is that the sicker you are during the pregnancy, the healthier the baby is likely to be. :)

And hey, for the past little while, it has been pretty good. I think I got two whole weeks of that famed 2nd trimester energy spurt.

Thank you, God, for letting that energy come during the week I had to move our entire household while my husband was out of the country - that was a tremendous blessing!

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP