sleep? what's that?...

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And there's still two and a half months to go before Munchkin arrives.

Oh goody.

For the past two weeks I've been waking up several times a night. This week it's gotten downright unbearable. No baby to nurse yet, no diapers to change. Constant exhaustion and mental sludge.

You'd think I'd be napping like CRAZY.

Nope. Not this delighted insomniac.

Every morning I'm wide awake in the wee hours (in addition to several other times throughout the night, not counting about five sleepwalking trips to the potty every night). Today I actually went to the office and started writing on my work projects at 3 AM. Anything's better than staring for hours at a black ceiling. Especially when you're too big and awkward to toss and turn to help the hours pass by.

I suppose I should console myself that I got massive amounts of work accomplished before the sun came up. Yay for me.

But then I just glanced in the mirror and got reminded that my zit-face is back en force.

Self-congratulation ended.

I think it's been about three years since I found out I was pregnant. But I might should double check the calendar to be sure.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

3 comments:

ljcp,  August 5, 2009 at 4:41 AM  

Know that you are not alone. This is the insomniatic (is that a word?) world of mothers-to-be and is a preparation for the wakeful hours after baby comes. Its a rough time and feeling, yet God is gracious and allows it to start before baby comes to allow us to adjust. :) Blessings to you as you make the most of the wakefulness.

Raini,  August 5, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Oh Sarah! I'm very sorry. I hate being awake in the night. I'm glad you're still able to write about it with humor, even if you don't see the humor I get a smile out of your writing. Quite selfish of me I'll admit. But most of us have been there in one way or another while pregnant. To those who haven't been.. Don't EVEEEEN try! Till you've grown a person and lodged them for what, yes, does feel like three years your sympathy, while sweet, is pretty empty. Thanks for still writing for my entertainment :) Raini

LaVonne August 5, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Ha ha ha, this post made me laugh. I remember those days well. The lack of sleep? Get used to it. I still don't sleep a full night and my Princess is 19 months. I might just be certifiably crazy at this point!:)

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP