flash forward...

>> Friday, September 11, 2009

Last night I had a brief mental picture of the future. You have to understand - my husband is one of the most stylish and best-dressed men that I know. But when he comes into the privacy of his home, he and even the most comfortable of his clothes are swiftly parted.

Yesterday evening we went to pick up my new eyeglasses. Then we ate some supper. Then we came home. I stopped in the kitchen to put something away, and by the time I made it into the bedroom he had already shucked down to the essentials.

I stood there for a moment, adoring this man who has held my heart for more than eight years. And suddenly I had this mental image of our son about 3 years from now. I can imagine that every time I think I've got him dressed for the day, he'll manage to remove all his clothes by the time I turn back around.

Or maybe he'll keep them on until just before the doorbell rings, and then strip down while I'm not looking, just in time to beat me to the front door and stun the unfortunate guest with a huge impish grin and an eyeful of little boy.

Oh yes, I can just see him now. Little white teeth and big brown eyes flashing as he looks up at them with all the charm he can muster.

"Hi!!!! You wanna come in?" Then he swivels his little head and calls out, "Mommy!!! Somebody from church is at the door!"

Yup, life in this pastor's house is about to get fun!

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

4 comments:

Joshua Loucks,  September 11, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

Sarah you are good writer, keep it up.

Jennifer....,  September 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Must be a European thing....my hubby does the same thing!! One minute he is sporting Gucci and the next he is in his tighty whities!! Gotta love em I guess!! :-)

skaMEDIA September 21, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

You know, I think you may be right! My very American father would NEVER have been caught dead in less than long pants and an undershirt - and even then if someone dropped by he'd have disappeared to put "something decent on" before talking to them. But boy, the Euro guys can't seem to stand being fully clothed in the comfort of home!!!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP