ahhhhh.... spring!

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The other day I realized that this is the first spring I've been able to actually enjoy in at least five years.

Last year at this time I was pregnant and sick all day every day. The four years previous I spent working at a job so wholly demanding that I almost never had a guilt-free chance to pause and marvel at the flowers, the sunshine, the warm spring breezes.

But this year is different.

This year I am a mother. This year I am working my own hours, in my own company. This year I can take my laptop outdoors and soak up sunshine while being productive.

Or I can just scrap it all and spend a few hours on the porch swing with my son, watching him blow bubbles and stare in wonderment at every new thing. And, since everything is new, he finds it all magnificently fascinating.

Today I planted flowers, mulched the shrubbery beds and potted herbs. Little Man rolled around on his blanket in the grass, observing my every move and babbling contentedly.

This is paradise.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP