on family conversations...

>> Monday, April 27, 2009

This weekend my sister and her husband came for the day. After church we all had lunch together at our parents' house. (Grillers and fries and icy fruit smoothies, mmmm!!!)

When our family gets together, it's like everyone goes a little off-kilter sometimes. We each have vastly different styles of humor and storytelling, and everyone's always trying to talk over each other. We're kind of like Italians, talking and laughing and sneaking sips from each other's drinks.

Except dad, of course. Like any good patriarch, he usually sits back quietly and watches the madness take on a life of its own. Until he has a story to tell. When dad tells a story, it's the only time the entire group shuts up to listen!

I couldn't help but think that if I were a child, I'd really enjoy being together with my whole family. Everything so full of life and spunk, even when things aren't going well or when everybody's broke. There's always good food, plenty of laughter, an adequate measure of controlled sibling rivalry and lots of love that keeps bringing us back together.

Yup, if I were my kid, I'd like family dinners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP