roller coaster week...

>> Friday, April 24, 2009

This week has been a crazy ride. By the way, if you don't like medical details, just stop reading now and wait a day or two for the next post, okay?

On Monday morning, I started having contractions. It felt like I was having uncontrollable hiccups inside my own abdomen. I sat on the chaise and literally watched my lower stomach jerk and quiver. It lasted about 10 hours.

The doctor said everything was fine.

On Tuesday morning, I felt feverish (although my temperature was lower than usual). Then I fainted on the way from the kitchen to the bedroom. Took about 10 minutes for the ocean surf to quit pounding in my ears and for my vision to clear up. We went to the doctor to check up on things.

The doctor said everything was fine.

On Wednesday I actually felt great. Went to get a massage and felt even better! By early evening, we made spontaneous plans with friends to go walking in the historic downtown square and have a Thai supper. In the parking lot, I realized something wasn't right. Hubby drove home fast, and blood was everywhere. We canceled our dinner and called the doctor. He said to stay home if the bleeding slowed or stopped. If it didn't, we should go to the ER - where they would most likely perform an automatic abortion.

Yeah, not exactly an option!

Mom and dad came over. I spent the evening worried and trying not to worry. Thursday morning, we were at the doctor's office when it opened.

"So where were you bleeding?" the doctor asked when he walked into the exam room.

"My nose," I shot back. "No, really!" Apparently lots of people will call in a panic, but they don't always specify whether the bleeding is directly related to the pregnancy.

After an exam, and hearing a strong healthy heartbeat on the Doppler - we came home in time to start work for the day. Doc says that it was likely a ruptured uterine blood vessel. Nice.

But needless to say, I'm very happy. Happy that it wasn't what I feared. Happy that my husband is so calm and supportive and protective. Thankful for parents who'll drop everything to offer comfort when I'm afraid.

Oh yes, and happy for the new white (and almost flat) summer sandals and the cute maternity tee with a stork and baby in rhinestones...

2 comments:

Sarah April 27, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

oh my word. so scary. I know what that is like. i've been through a miscarriage. It is a very horrible experience. I am praying for you! I've never heard of such scary bleeding and contractions like that! Just praying all is well. So GLAD you felt a strong heartbeat!!! Praise God.

Anonymous,  April 28, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Hope you don't have any more of those scary experiences. However I can relate I've experienced natural miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy and a DNC. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Sooo nice to know you heard a heart beat.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP