on making assumptions...

>> Thursday, April 23, 2009

I've had lots of friends with difficult pregnancies. Somehow it never crossed my mind that I might join their club sometime in the distant future. I was always the healthy one in the family, rarely sick and never for more than a day or two.

I just took it for granted that I'd be one of those chicks who breezes through pregnancy while still going to the gym 5 days a week and doing "life as usual".

HAH.

So, if I believed in fate (or karma) you can guess what my next words might be. Since I don't believe in those things, I guess I'm just concluding that there's some very big lesson in compassion for those who don't feel as good as I do, or who's limitations are narrower than mine.

Some of you are chuckling right now. Go ahead. What can I say?

1 comments:

dpm April 24, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

i know how you feel. when i was hospitalized for maxton's heart condition for TWO LONG WEEKS, i was then able to understand what it must be like for "sick and shut-ins." it's awful and depressing.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP