on finding out the news...

>> Friday, April 10, 2009

I suspected I was pregnant long before I knew.

My work requires (read that "required", now that I've had to alter a few things) a significant amount of international travel.

February 2009 took me to the UK. I was exhausted - and more than just my normally intense jetlag. I was hungry for weird things - I think I ate two packages of sliced cheese in a couple of days.

I suspected.

Then my husband joined me and we went to Romania (my first time back in 5 years) to visit his extended family for a week. The visits were splendid, but I felt rotten the entire time. Every smell was nauseous, even the best food tasted weird. And I just wanted to sleep!

Our last two days in Romania, we drove north to Suceava - where there are oodles of ancient monasteries. We checked into a great hotel, and Marius promptly got very very sick. For the next two days, I alternated between curling up in bed with nausea and nursing his fever as he burned up beside me.

We never left the room. Never saw a monastery. Drove 8 hours back to the airport 2 days later, and suffered through a succession of 4 miserable flights to get back home. It was the trip from hell that would not end...

We fell in bed around 4 AM Friday morning. By 10 AM we were at the doctor's office for a pregnancy test and exam.

Yup.

We met my parents for lunch half an hour after leaving the doc's office, to tell them.

They looked shocked. Then they cried.

And I've been sick in bed just about ever since. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP