i love publix...

>> Thursday, May 7, 2009

Those of you who don't live in the south might never have heard of Publix - you know, the grocery store. Kind of smaller than Kroger's, but bigger than the Piggly Wiggly. Yeah, that one.

Publix, (like most grocery chains that have well-presented food, snapping fresh produce, and a selection of organic and health foods) runs a bit more expensive than, oh, say Wal-Mart or the local version of Bent-N-Dent.

And while I see a time in our near future where those places may become our sole source of foodstuffs, it hasn't quite got there yet. Besides, they're just not as nice to their customers! At Publix, they ALWAYS push your cart to your car and load your bags.

Last night I stopped into Publix for a quick shop. All day people had commented on how much the pregnancy belly is popping out this week - I don't know if it's the belly or just the dress I was wearing, but either way...

As I lined up to check out, a manager came over to put my groceries out of the cart and onto the belt. The cashier greeted my tired self with a warm smile and helpfulness. Then, as usual, the bagger offered to take everything to my car.

Yup, for now, it's worth it to pay a few cents more to shop at Publix. It's not every place that makes you feel like walking taller and smiling more after just getting the groceries!

1 comments:

Angela May 8, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

I totally agree! And the produce quality is awesome! Troy gets a balloon almost every time we go. It's so neat that they have them at every checkout to give to kids. They even give free weights!
Have you tried their chocolate soymilk-Greenwise??

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP