other people's blogs

>> Friday, May 8, 2009

This week I've browsed a few other mommyblogs. I ran across one or two that sounded just like me - cadence of the words and the rhythm of writing and all. I kept thinking "Did I write this?"

Except that it was really funny. Every single post had me in stitches.

Of course I didn't write that. I'm not nearly that funny.

I wish I were.

*sigh*

Maybe I'm not so hilarious because my child isn't quite big enough for the antics that fuel the funny bone of other mom-writers. My kid isn't toppling out of shopping carts, or making science projects yet.

Nope, the biggest drama my child has created is successfully making mommy nauseated for nearly four months, and watching her tearfully pack up 2/3 of her wardrobe into big white plastic bags for storage until she can fit them again.

[Of course, that particular trauma has been slightly offset by the sudden and pressing emergency need to go find cute new clothes (on SALE of course!) that will fit for a good while longer. We must take our silver linings wherever we can, right?]

But in a few months, you know, this child will actually be born. And who knows what kind of stunts will inspire my pen?

1 comments:

momtrolfreak May 12, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Hey SKA,
I was just doing a test to see if my blog is showing up properly in google searches, and I stumbled upon your mention of my post about our adventures in shopping cart safety. ;-) Thanks for the shout-out; glad I could make you laugh! Congratulations on your impending arrival, and don't worry, I promise: it's about to get REALLY FUNNY.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP