on Mother's Day...

>> Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mother's Day... I really wasn't sure I should participate, but everybody kept urging me to.

At church, the men organized a beautiful program in honor of the women - including children's vocal and bell choirs, and testimonies. Halfway through the service every grown man in the room got up and left. 20 minutes later, they all filed in to surround the entire sanctuary while singing Amazing Grace and He Touched Me.

They said that they wanted to present themselves as a boundary wall symbolizing their protection of the women and children from the outside world. Even the single women were in tears as so many deep, rich voices joined together in this circle of song.

Next, they hosted a communion service in honor of the Mothers. The men and children washed the feet of their mothers, as Jesus had done for the disciples, and then served the symbols of communion to the women. It was beautiful!

The rest of the weekend I was so tired from all the excitement that I just wanted to sleep. But it was all worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP