crabby days...

>> Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I've been really crabby today.

Cranky.

Whiny.

My poor hubby bore the brunt of it as I sought to supervise his efforts to hang drapes this morning. He's such a trooper. Maybe I didn't sleep as well as I thought I did last night? Or maybe it's just one of those days.

"Momma said there'll be days like this..."

Then we went to our old apartment office to turn in the last keys and sign off on the completed lease papers. And the manager took us outside, opened her car door and pulled out a nearly-new Graco baby swing. In our baby room colors!

"My grandson is 9 months old, and has outgrown a bunch of stuff," she said. "Follow me back to the rear garage building - I've got two big plastic containers full of all the clothes he's too big for, and a bag of baby toys!"

I couldn't believe it. Shame on me for secretly having thought that she wasn't very nice the last time we met! *slaps own hand*

As we finished loading up her splendid hand-me-downs, she asked us to please keep in touch with her after the baby is born - 'cause she doesn't have anywhere else to offload her grandbaby's gear.

Wow, God. You're pretty awesome. Thanks for cheering me up on a day when I just wanted to curl up in bed and forget everything.

Now I think I'll go remove that cute (almost identical) baby swing from our gift registry. There's no point in having two!



© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP