didn't your momma ever tell you it's rude to stare?

>> Sunday, June 14, 2009

A friend recently told me that I look totally normal from behind (whew!). But then you see the front of me and it looks like I'm smuggling a basketball under my shirt.

Ummmm, I think I'll go ahead and take that as a compliment.

What I don't understand is why everyone stares at me when I'm out and about. I mean, 16 pounds and a few great skinny outfits ago, if the same number of people were taking two extra seconds to look - I'd just have assumed that I got lucky with my choice of shoes and was having a grrrrreat hair day.

But we're not talking 16 pounds ago and skinny outfits. We're talking denim maternity capris, basic green tee and flat silver sandals. Oh yeah, and very average on-the-go hair and all that...

Are there so few pregnant women out walking around in public? Are we really such a novelty?

Okay, I get why little kids might stare. First, they don't yet know better. Second, I remember how challenging it was when I could never be sure if a woman was pregnant or just plain fat. So the little munchkins are curious. No problem.

But the MEN! What's their deal? I know I don't exactly look hot. I'm just out doing a little shopping, disturbing no one. You got a problem with that? Did you never see your own wife/mother/sister when she was pregnant? Do you really have to look three times to make sure it's a baby bump?

Besides, you're a total grownup. Way too old for the staring, or for your surreptitious third glance to be waived under the "cute" clause. If your momma was here, she'd scold you for being rude and tell you to mind your own beeswax.

Yeah, I really don't get it. Anybody wanna clue me in?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP