on second thought...

>> Monday, June 15, 2009

I've been thinking about the pregnesia post two days ago. I think I should be more accurate about these conversations I keep having. They're not really with multiple personalities.

It's more like listening to an argument between multiple memory banks.

Self: Uhhh, what did I come in here for?

Long-Term Memory:
Well don't look at ME! You have to keep something in your head overnight for me to file it away!

Short-Term Memory: Hah. It's not MY fault. I only keep information for between 30 and 60 seconds at a time. Then I just hand it over to File 13 - but if you could remember things you'd know that already. *sniffs disdainfully*

File 13: *laughs in derision* Everybody knows I chuck every shred that comes my way. Usually I don't even look to see what it was about. Call me efficient, but don't expect ME to help you out.

And it doesn't only happen over shampooing my hair. This seems to be a near-daily occurrence. On some days I get to debate these three dear snipes several times in a row.

Lucky me.

1 comments:

Roger Cox June 17, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

The ability to dialog with self is the evidence of intelligence and insightfulness. Multiple personality disorder disables this dialog with self.

The hard truth is forgetting is a common life long experience. Congratulations on finally accepting it at such a young age. Normally people only accept it well after age 60 or so. ... Then they have the gaul to call it old age......... grrrrrrr.

One more vital point. Forgetting is much more important than remembering. Think about how difficult it would be to have a second baby if all you could think about was how difficult this one was. Fortunately .... we all forget and leave the pain of the past behind us.

For those poor souls unable to forget ... the usual result is suicide by the age of 30 or so. Very sad. I say it this way.

Perfect memory is not perfect recall. It is perfect recall of the good, perfect forgetting of the bad and the ability to tell the difference.

Roger Cox

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP