the fish and the baby...

>> Thursday, June 4, 2009

So at the ultrasound this week, they recorded the entire thing and gave us all 12 minutes of it on a DVD. We've watched it at least three times since then, just reveling in the little creature that is our son.

After leaving the doctor's office, I went to have lunch with my parents. Of course they wanted to see the dvd too. We settled onto the couch, with the 3 and a half year old boy my mom nannies in the middle.

He's been asking to see the baby every time I'm around. He can't quite seem to figure out why I always leave the baby "at home". We keeping explaining that the baby isn't born yet, but he just gets this puzzled look on his face and says, "But I want to SEE it!"

So we let him watch the ultrasound with us, telling him how it's a movie of what it looks like inside my tummy. Yeah, he didn't think that made much sense either.

He watched the screen silently for a few minutes. Then he announced, "Nanny, it looks like a fish! The fish is in there with the baby!"

He pondered a couple of seconds more.

"Nanny! The fish is going to bite the baby!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP