camp meeting...

>> Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Last week, we went to camp meeting. I love camp meeting.

To me, camp meeting means summer has begun. It means friends and relaxation and all the yummy food I don't let myself eat the rest of the year (you know, whole cans of big franks, and chips and picnicky things), and I don't have to cook it or clean it up! It means spiritual rejuvenation and inspiring speakers.

This year I've been so sick that I was a bit worried about surviving camp meeting. Marius, and all the other pastors, have to work long hard hours to keep the programs running for every age group. So no great support from there.

And honestly, I've been quite depressed the last few months. The nausea, the impending loss of my job, the shrinking horizon of ministry, the financial worries - have all combined to put me in a frame of mind that just doesn't want to get out of bed. I haven't wanted to eat (but an empty stomach increases the nausea x10, so I haven't had much choice). I haven't wanted to go outside, or pick up the clutter, or get any exercise. Just bury my head in my computer and try to forget that the world is spinning without me being out there involved in the process.

Camp meeting was good for me. Whenever I wasn't working I hung out with friends, sat in rocking chairs and breathed the fresh air, walked everywhere, and just soaked up the fellowship. I'm grateful for the friends and companionship that I so seldom get any other time.

Back at home now I feel stronger, happier, more energetic. Less depressed and frizzed out. And of course, having the ultrasound helped too. Seeing our little baby boy makes it feel like there's something more than stomach flu behind it all!

1 comments:

Beth June 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Sarah, I appreciate your feelings. I still feel like that sometimes..."the shrinking horizon of ministry, the financial worries" as you so artfully stated. I've had to realize that as one horizon of ministry fades, another more important comes into view. Our children are the greatest priority and ministry that we can ever have. It's hard to come to terms with that though.

I'm glad that you were refreshed by campmeeting.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP