nightmares be gone!

>> Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yesterday we had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound.

For a few weeks, I've had these vivid nightmares that something is wrong with the baby. I'll get all worried in my sleep, just certain that it's not going to be okay. I've been told that lots of first time moms feel this way, but it didn't do much to comfort me. Lots of moms have nausea too, but that hasn't made mine go away. Go figure.

But, just like Marius has reassured me countless times - everything is fine. Baby A is healthy and strong, and everything looks great. I thought we were just going in to find out the gender. I had no idea they'd do all these other checks - but it made me feel good that they did.
Heart - all 4 chambers, pumping away at 144 bpm
Stomach and bladder - both full of fluid as they should be
Kidneys - not 1, not 3, just the 2 that are supposed to be there
Brain - both hemispheres present and accounted for (thank God!)

They also checked for things like cleft palate and Down syndrome indicators - and all is normal. I slept so well last night, with so much anxiety melted away into peace. It felt nice.

Oh yes, and IT'S A BOY!

3 comments:

Unknown June 2, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

I'm glad that everything is fine! :)

-Matthew H.

Libby,  June 2, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

So glad everything is going well, that you could be reassured, and that you could relish in peaceful sleep last night :)

Unknown June 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

What a wonderful testimony...regardng a miraculous journey!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP