on daddy's love...

>> Thursday, June 11, 2009

This morning, we spent a few quiet moments just soaking each other in - knowing that my husband was heading to the Amazon jungle for the next couple of weeks.

I'd usually be swinging from trees right beside him, but somehow this whole halfway-through-pregnancy-thing has put the kibosh on my energy level. Bleh.

So, in the sweet early morning hours, the three of us spent a few uninterrupted moments together. Marius sang a little made-up-on-the-spot morning song to my belly. And then he started giving baby instructions.

"Now Tristan, you be good while I'm gone. You take good care of your mommy and make sure nothing happens to her and that she doesn't work too hard, okay?"

I've never heard anything more precious in my life.

1 comments:

Roger,  June 12, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

Sarah ... this is wonderful writing ... TY for sharing your thoughts.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP