pregnesia...

>> Friday, June 12, 2009

Tonight I decided to shower before blogging. I was almost ready to step out when I remembered that I hadn't washed my wet hair. Pregnancy has brought a new dimension to the term "oil-slick", so I figured a quick scrub wasn't a bad idea. You know, since I was already in the shower and all.

I squeezed the shampoo into my palm, and dunked my head back under the nozzle. Funny though, my hair felt squeaky clean.

I paused for a little conversation with my multiple personalities.

"Did I already wash my hair?"

"It feels like you did."

"But I don't remember doing it!"

"And you've only been in the shower for 5 minutes. How could you forget?"

And so goes an excellent illustration of my new definition of 'normal'. Nothing makes you question your mental fitness for impending parenthood like forgetting your own name, or searching everywhere for the sunglasses safely perched on your head.

But I take comfort in the fact that, if the other mothers I know are any indication - I'll be in excellent company.

1 comments:

Rachel June 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

Boy will you ever be in excellent company. Unfortunately that's way too normal. Sorry Sarah.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP