zofran is a girl's best friend...

>> Friday, June 5, 2009

I really don't like drugs.

When I've got a headache, I usually tough it out. When I (used to) get PMS cramps, I drink hot tea and take a warm bath. I once took Extra Strength Tylenol and it knocked me out like it was Hydrocodone.

I like keeping my drug sensitivities as low as possible. And using natural remedies whenever I can. Add the knowledge that my mother and her sisters were negatively affected by a drug we believe was given to my grandmother during her pregnancies, and I'm twice as cautious. (Of course the doctors back then had no idea that DES was going to screw up the reproductive system of the next two generations - but that's small consolation decades later!)

But, as I close in on the 5 month mark of this pregnancy - I've finally caved. This Monday I literally begged my doctor for an anti-nausea prescription. I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. It's helping. I'm eating better, sleeping better, and heaving less.

And now I just can't wait until I can sleep on my stomach again!

1 comments:

Sarah June 5, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

I am so with you there. I toughed nausea out for 5 months. And finally begged the Dr. for something. Zofran really did help. I was able to function for 2 more months until the nausea was FINALLY gone.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP