on appropriate churchwear for kids (part 3)...

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

So....

As a result of these convictions (see two past posts, "on appropriate churchwear for kids, parts 1 & 2"), and a desire to make Sabbath as special and exciting as possible for the entire family, I've been browsing the internet for dressy baby and toddler boy's outfits.

Talk about sticker shock!

Do normal people really pay THAT much? I mean, hey, I love being well-dressed but I've got no embarrassment over finding my killer outfits at Goodwill or TJ Maxx!

When you're used to finding the occasional $800 BCBG silk women's suit for just $9.79, the idea of paying $140 for a infant dress suit that will be wearable for a window of perhaps 5-8 weeks is simply appalling.

(And we haven't even mentioned the fact that while there a oodles of beautiful little girl clothes available, it's practically impossible to find appealing and age-appropriate boys' clothes.)

So I've been browsing for affordable dressy boyswear. And since there's a chance that some of you might share my opinions - I decided to share a few links featuring less expensive yet beautiful outfits. Here's a few of my favorites:




And if you'd like to see websites themselves, check out these for a range of options for both boys' and girls' churchwear:

Got any other cool sites? Leave a comment!

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

5 comments:

Sarah July 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

wow! those actually aren't too bad on the prices. perhaps I will have to find something online for Nathan. I have the hardest time finding anything in the stores for him for sabbath. he ends up in the little searsucker short overalls with button up collared shirt underneath. Cute, but I always dreamed of the adorable little suits. I will have to check in to these! thanks for posting the links! :)

ljcp,  July 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

you may find that the optimistic 5-8 weeks of wear window is much shorter...especially in the first year of life and growth spurts.
good information though. thanks.

Heidi,  July 24, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Yeah, I've had that problem, too. I think that's why many people settle for more casual outfits for little boys' church clothes. I couldn't find any "church" clothes in the stores I usually shop at, so I opted for a more casual look for now. Good luck!

skaMEDIA July 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

@ Sarah:
Those websites listed seem to have things rotate through clearance fairly often and with majorly reduced prices - which I'm ALL ABOUT!!! And they grow out of stuff so fast!

Of course, kid's consignment stores and even Goodwill or other second hand stores can also get those nice things now and then - you just have to monitor them often to get the good deals... But then I do that anyway for my own clothes! :)

Angela July 25, 2009 at 3:59 AM  

Consignment sales are they way to go!! Have you seen pics of Troy in his suit?! $10!! Need I say more?? :)

And yes, they do grow fast the first few months especially. Savannah has basically jumped 0-3 month clothes (only there for a couple of weeks). And she started out a preemie!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP