thanks! (uhhh, I think?)

>> Saturday, July 11, 2009

I feel like a whale this week. Ankles started swelling. Legs feel like tree trunks. And we've already covered the basketball stomach part (read yesterday's post if you're still in the dark).

It's 25 weeks now, and I've gained 22 pounds. People are so nice to say that I don't look like I've put on any weight - minus the baby bump, of course.

In fact, they keep giving me really nice compliments. Like:
"Your tummy is soooo cute!"
"Your baby bump is really starting to show now, huh?"
"Awww, look at you, have you gained any weight at all?"
"Your tummy is sooooo TINY!"

Thanks people, that feels good to hear!

Inevitably, the next question is:
"So how far along are you now?"

Answer: "6 months."

Response: "Oh wow. I never got that big until between 8 and 8.5 months along!"

Nice. Way to cancel out all the nice comments preceding. I'm just so thrilled to know that I look so tiny, that you can't tell I've gained a pound, and THAT YOU WERE THIS BIG 10 WEEKS FROM NOW!!!!!

I may feel like a whale now, but apparently, I'm headed for blimp status.

Whoopeee.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

2 comments:

Call Me Crazy July 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

THAT cracks me up. That really does cancel out the nice comments unexpectedly. :-)

Libby July 11, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

U know how to make us laugh! :) People really don't think of where your mind is gonna go with comments like that, do they?!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP