reversing the un-glow effect...

>> Monday, September 14, 2009

Lots of women get that pregnancy "glow". Just this weekend a friend was telling me how during her pregnancy she got thick gorgeous hair, strong luxurious nails, perfect skin and so on. But some of us get the opposite - the acne outbreaks, the dry red scaly patches, the odd discolorations.

I'll admit I didn't the whole glow thing. In fact this pregnancy has taken a fierce toll on my skin - facial and elsewhere. Like flaky dermatitis, unexplained red patches and painful pimples on my face, legs and feet, for starters.

But last month during my scheduled orthodontics appointment, I happened to kill some time in the Day One Spa in the same building. They carry a variety of totally natural organic skin care products. And, in a desire to jumpstart the lethargic state of my poor face, I ordered a detox travel kit.

A week later, my Eminence organic Hungarian skin care kit arrived. The little instruction brochure inside promised that my skin would look and feel different after "just one application."

Yeah, sure... I thought. Every product claims that, doesn't mean it's reality!

I decided to start out with the exfoliating polisher and masque. That evening Hubby met me for dinner and commented on how nice my face looked. Then I told him I wasn't wearing any foundation.

"No way, really?"

I've been using this stuff faithfully ever since. For once it seems that a company's claim is actually close to the truth. At least for my skin.

In case you're wondering, I receive no compensation/free gifts/other perks from blogging about this product. Just wanted to share it with you since it's been a big help for my skincare.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

3 comments:

Sarah September 14, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

wow! that sounds really good! I have had trouble with my face breaking out since I was probablyg 14 and it's still going on. Was using pro-active but really getting tired of the chemicals in it and then it started not working so well.... i may have to give this a try! is it clearing up acne??

skaMEDIA September 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

it has certainly helped for my preggo acne and flaky rashes and so on. i bought the detox travel kit, but they also have an acne kit too...

i think you can probably order it from the Day One Spa where I got it - they were out of stock when I was there and so they shipped it to me.

I'd just call them and ask about it... http://www.dayonespa.com/boutique.html

skaMEDIA September 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP