Wal-Mart gigglefest...

>> Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's amazing what weeks of sleep-deprivation will do to you. Like last Friday afternoon, when I went into Wal-Mart to get groceries. I walked through the front door, nodded at the little old greeter lady sitting by the door. She grinned and waved, and I was suddenly reminded of a joke someone sent me recently:

A little old geezer got a job at Wal-Mart. On his first day he was instructed to greet all the shoppers that came through the door. After a few hours, a big ugly woman came thundering through the door cussing up a blue streak at her two young children.

"Hello ma'am, welcome to Wal-Mart! Those are beautiful kids you have there - are they twins?"

"What the blankety bleep bleep makes you think they're twins? This one's 9 and that one's 5! Do they bleeping LOOK LIKE TWINS TO YOU?"

"Oh no ma'am, not really. I just couldn't imagine anyone sleeping with you twice, that's all. Enjoy shopping at Wal-Mart!"

His manager said he wasn't really cut out for this line of work...
As the little lady greeted us at the door, I couldn't help laughing to myself. By the time I got to the produce section I was giggling uncontrollably. The guy stocking the bin of onions chuckled along with me. But I wasn't able to stop.

Before long, the initial laughter at a mildly funny joke had morphed into hysterical giggles. I wanted to stop, but couldn't. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I bent double over the lettuce and cucumbers. A young woman pushing a cart with a small baby stopped to ask "Lady, are you alright?"

It was several minutes before I could breathe normally again. I don't think it'd have happened if I'd gotten more than an average of 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night for the past month.

But hey, after all those positive endorphins - I sure did feel better!


© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

3 comments:

Renee Thomas,  September 20, 2009 at 6:42 PM  

I was laughing while I read it!

ljcp,  September 21, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

that is hilarious! by the way, how did you bend double over the lettuce and cucumbers? :) thanks for the smiles.

skaMEDIA September 21, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Good point - since I'm far too big to bend double over ANYTHING at this point! So maybe it was more like a 45 degree angle while leaning on the veggie display... But it FELT like I was bent double! :) LOL

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP