the blank slate...

>> Thursday, November 12, 2009

The other day The Hubby came into our room where I was nursing Little Man.

"I know we've talked about this before, but it really hit me this morning," he said.

"This baby is a blank slate right now. Every single thing we do - or don't do - is forming his character and shaping him into the man he will someday become. That means there is no insignificant choice, no pointless decision.

"Even though he is small and not fully aware of his surroundings yet, our habits are teaching and molding him."

Talk about profound.

Talk about frightening in the sheer weight of responsibility.

And no, I'm not wigging out. I'm not going all OCD or freaked-out legalistic. But we just can't look at this new baby and disregard the fact that his primary source of shaping will stem from the everyday decisions we make as his parents.

It's too great a reality to ignore.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP