baby, you SUCK! (and that's an order)

>> Wednesday, December 2, 2009

If you read this blog regularly, you'll have picked up on the fact that when Little Man arrived we had major feeding issues.

I desperately wanted to breastfeed and Little Man would have none of it. We had one complication after another, until (when he'd lost MORE weight at 2 weeks even with 10 feedings a day) the doctor ordered supplementation with bottles.

I still wanted to avoid formula, so we got orthotic bottle nipples (thanks for the hint on that Lisa!!), and an electric double-sided pump.

Not to replace breast feeding mind you, just to add to it.

Until he got an incredibly nasty case of thrush. And passed it over to me.

With both of us on antifungals, the bottle just worked better. Safer. Quicker. Less painful. You get the idea.

So I worried that after 2 weeks of exclusive bottle feeding, he'd never go back. Until two days ago...

I figured it couldn't hurt to experiment right? Just see if he'd go back? Maybe even like it?

He latched like he'd never left. And like he'd actually been good at breastfeeding in the first place!

Now you'd think those early days of stressing never even happened.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

(Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone.)

2 comments:

Angela December 2, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! You're doing awesome! :)

Bridgett December 2, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

That's awesome, Sarah! Yay!! Persistence pays off...I was right there with you in the beginning with both of my girls until finally - FINALLY - they learned to nurse like little champs. Great job, Sarah!!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP