before you become a mother...

>> Wednesday, February 3, 2010

...nobody can tell you:

  • how you will break down and cry when you see your baby's face the first time.
  • how you will melt when you hear his first cooing sounds - and keep melting at all the ones that follow.
  • how you will never fully, deeply sleep again because you have one ear tuned to their cries.
  • how you can be standing in a room filled with babies and still know when YOUR baby is the one crying.
  • how you will somehow find the energy to stay awake and pleasant each day after months of sleepless nights, physical exhaustion, and hormonal swings.
  • how you would throw yourself in front anything to protect your child.
  • how tears fill your eyes at the mere thought of something happening to your baby. 

Share

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

2 comments:

Nicole Feliciano February 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

How protective you will become over emotional hurts too! When my 4 y.o. reports name calling I become an angry momma bear.

LJCP,  February 28, 2010 at 5:56 AM  

So, a funny thing happened the other day. My two and half year old was playing with his good friend who is about 8 months younger than him. I was watching them play at a play yard by a pizza place. The little girl's mom was around the corner at the table talking. My son started to cry over something and not long after the little girl's mom came running out saying "I can recognize her cry from anywhere. What is going on?" I had to turn away so as not to laugh and then tried to nonchalantly say, "My son was the one crying." LOL.

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP