keeping track...

>> Friday, October 15, 2010

So I have this app from BabyCenter that tells me what's going on every day of this pregnancy. It gives me checklists of things to do, and has links to interesting resources sites. And about once a week it'll show me a video about how babies grow, or what epidurals look like, or how it feels to have an unmedicated birth.

Yes, I skip the gory ones. I don't grasp the fascination with freaking moms-to-be out over what's coming. Besides, I've been there, done this. I have a good enough mental picture already.

But it also keeps urging me to regularly write down pregnancy memories. Which I keep forgetting to do.

I think that's kind of their point. What's not written down, will be forgotten. Even the act of writing it down. Yes, I know I'm going in a circle. I don't really care.

Last time, I was pretty good at writing stuff down. If you read this blog last year, you already know that. I vented right here. A lot. I think it was one of the threads that kept me clinging to sanity during the whole thing.

This time, well. I have an 11-month old to keep up with. He sort of changes things. And I've got work to do. If you've got kids, you know what I mean. Sitting down to journal superfluous stuff gets shoved to the bottom of my priority list.

But the weeks keep slipping away. The first trimester is almost over. And this is pretty much my first post about it.

I'm going to try and do this more often. You know, so I can accurately remember the misery. Just in case my forgetter gets so good after this one comes along that I lose my sanity and consider signing up for a third round.




© Sarah K Asaftei, 2009-2010 unless otherwise sourced.
Use allowed by express written permission only.
Tweets, trackbacks, and link sharing encouraged.

2 comments:

Julia Shires October 15, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

Congratulations on a new little one coming. I loved being pregnant. Morning sickness was less than two weeks and the rest I thoroughly enjoyed.

Julia

skaMEDIA October 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

@ Julia: that sounds wonderful - unfortunately I was sick for 8.5 months with Tristan, and I'm really hoping that doesn't happen this time around! I'm three months along now, and praying that it will start to fade soon!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP