basking in the un-glow...

>> Friday, April 17, 2009

They say pregnancy brings a glow. They say you get beautiful skin and thicker, more luxurious hair...

Yeah, I'd like to know who "they" are.

And where exactly are "they" getting their information?

Me? I've got no glow. Instead, I have acne. And hair so greasy that 10 hours after washing you'd think I'd bathed in an oil slick.

Oh yes, and an eczema-like patch of red flakies under my nose that drifts down over my upper lip. And no matter how much Neosporin/Hydrocortisone/Polysporin I rub on it - it ain't goin' away.

Talk about fun in buckets and spades. When you've just thinned out 2/3 of your wardrobe - staring at your almost-thirty-year-old yet eerily teenage-acne-face in the mirror just doesn't do much for the whole self-esteem and body image.

So I decided to go get my nails done today. I mean, a nice plain French manicure - at least when I go to church tomorrow I can look at my hands and think, "Thank goodness there's one part of me that doesn't look like something the cat dragged in!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP