does it seem to you like...

>> Tuesday, October 20, 2009

... there are just a WHOLE LOT of baby boys being born this year? Nearly every couple we know has had or is having a son.

As you may already know, by 9.5 months everybody you meet thinks it's their business to inquire about the baby. Strangers ask you when you're planning to "pop". Last week some random (and very talkative) lady in Target also wanted to know the gender.

"It's a boy", I replied, slightly scattered between trying to find some elusive jumbo waterproof changing pads, and still managing to be polite.

"A BOY!" She crowed. "All the babies this year are boys! You know, my gramma always said that when everyone has boy babies, there's gonna be a war. She said it was God's way of preparing armies for when they're needed."

Nice, lady. I really want to hear that God is giving me my son so that he can go die in a war in 20 years. Do you realize you're implying that I'm having a son for the sole purpose of being either bullet fodder or a killing machine?

Way to go.

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

1 comments:

Sarah October 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

ROFL!!!!! Oh, Sarah... so funny.
Anyways, YES! I totally concur-so many boys being born this year! Like, a LOT of them. As in, every baby I know of that has been born this year-has been a boy. Interesting...

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP