sister shoutout...

>> Sunday, November 8, 2009

I've been so busy this week with just trying to accomplish the basics, that I haven't been able to get on here and blog. I tried blogging from my phone while nursing, but typing on my phone's keyboard made it so full of misspellings that I decided not to torture you.

Before any more time passes, I really need to give props to my sister for all her help. She came down the weekend of the birth to just be there and do whatever needed to be done. She even was able to give Little Man his first bath!
Then she came back for several days during the next weekend, too. She helped around the house, watched the baby while I got some sleep, and spent the entire day Friday cooking. Mexican lasagna, baked cheesy polenta with basil and tomatoes, hashbrown casserole, black beans and rice - our refrigerator was stocked for at least two weeks of hearty eating.

When I was exhausted and worried to tears about Little Man's difficulty nursing, she shared knowledge from her work as a nurse and helped me feel more confident about this new journey.

All in all, I just want her to know how great she was. Thank you, sis!

(And I promise I'll return the favor when it's your turn! ;)

© Sarah K. Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. Use allowed by express written permission only.

2 comments:

Rodlie Ortiz November 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

It's such a blessing to have help, huh? So glad she could be there for you.

Sarah November 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

so special that she was able to come down and help out! I know she loved every minute of it too! :)

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP