things I learned from the lactation consultant...

>> Tuesday, November 3, 2009

1:: amniotic fluid has the same smell as your breastmilk

2:: nipple shields are the awesomest invention ever - first try and Little Man popped right on, no fuss

3:: I can do this breastfeeding thing - really I can

4:: Little Man has gained an ounce and a half since yesterday

5:: leaning forward and hunching over for the traditional feeding hold causes tension in the fourth vertebrae where all the nipple and milk gland nerves are located

6:: my instincts are good - most of the suggestions the consultant gave were things I was already trying to do

Copyright by Sarah K Asaftei, 2009 unless otherwise sourced. All rights reserved. Use by express written permission only.

(Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone.)



2 comments:

Eperry November 3, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Hey Sarah,
Love reading your updates. :-) My biggest tip was to always way him right after he ate. That can make the difference of several ounces. :-) Thats most likely cheating but it was good at putting my mind at ease. Just stick with it. It soon becomes so easy for both of you, you will wonder what you struggled with at first.
Best of luck,
Elizabeth

Rachel November 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Good for you Sarah! Keep it up. You'll make it!

Post a Comment

I OWN UP TO MY OPINIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE COURTESY.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
LEAVE AT LEAST YOUR NAME, USING "NAME/URL" IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A USER PROFILE.

BlogWithIntegrity.com
I disclose perks from any product I blog.
No disclosure = pure personal appreciation.

SEARCH MY BLOG

BlogHer.com Logo
© 2009-2010
sarah k. asaftei
all rights reserved

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP